Within the U.S., Sony focuses the majority of its charitable giving on art, culture, technology and the environment, with a particular emphasis on education in each of those areas. While support in other areas may also be considered, the Company seeks to apply its financial, technological and human resources to the encouragement of the creative, artistic, technical and scientific skills required of tomorrow's workforce.
Grant Application Procedures
The company welcomes requests for support throughout the year within the guidelines set below. To apply online, please visit the YourCause GrantsConnect online portal. Requests must include the following information:
- A brief, written description of the organization, including its legal name, history, activities, purpose, and proof of registered 501(c)(3) non-profit status.
- History of previous support from Sony, if applicable.
- The amount being requested, if applicable.
- A description of the purpose for which the grant is requested.
Please note that we do not consider multi-year requests for support.
Review and Evaluation of Grant Requests
If the request is within Sony's Giving Guidelines and available funds permit consideration of it, an organization may be asked to provide more complete information before a decision is made. Notification of grant request approval or regret will be made in writing within one month of the receipt of all proposed materials. We are unable respond to telephone follow-ups. Since the Company receives funding request far in excess of its annual grants program budget, we must often decline support to worthy organizations and programs. Such a response does not reflect, in any way, a negative appraisal of the prospective organization or the value of its programs and services. Sony does not grant support to:
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation
- Partisan political organizations, committees, or candidates and public office holders
- Religious organizations in support of their sacramental or theological functions
- Labor unions
- Endowment or capital campaigns of national origin
- Organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation
- Testimonial dinners, in general
- For-profit publications or organizations seeking advertisements or promotional support
- Individuals seeking self-advancement
- Foreign or non-U.S.-based organizations
For additional information regarding Sony Corporation of America's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts, please email SCA.CSR@sony.com.
For information on Sony Electronics' Corporate Philanthropy, policies for giving and procedures for submitting a donation or sponsorship proposal, please listen to its donation information at (858) 842-8565 and submit donation requests via e-mail to SELCommunityAffairs@am.sony.com.
For information on Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Corporate Philanthropy, policies for giving and how to submit a donation or sponsorship proposal, please visit www.sie.com/en/csr/contributions.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on Sony Music Group’s Corporate Philanthropy, policies for giving and how to submit a donation or sponsorship proposal, please email CSRINFO@sonymusic.com.
For information on Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Corporate Philanthropy, policies for giving and how to submit a donation or sponsorship proposal, please visit www.sonypictures.com/corp/corporateimpact.html or email SPE_CSR@spe.sony.com.