Follow these steps if the camera displays the error message Use InfoLithium battery only, For InfoLITHIUM battery only, or For use with compatible battery only:
- Check the battery terminals.
- Use a dry clean cloth, or cotton swab, to wipe off dirt or debris from the terminals.
- Don't touch the terminals with your hands or metal objects.
- If possible, use a different InfoLITHIUM® battery.
- If applicable, connect the AC power adapter to the camera.
- Plug in the power adapter directly to the wall.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.
- Operation with third party batteries or accessories isn't guaranteed. Contact the manufacturer of the accessory for any issues that may occur.
- If you are using a 2011 or older Cyber-shot® camera, refer to this article to confirm that you are using the correct NP-BN battery .