NOTE: This article is designed for VAIO® computers with Windows® XP operating system (OS).
The following procedure may be used to resolve this error.
- Turn off the computer.
- Remove any recently added hardware.
- Reset the BIOS default values.
IMPORTANT: If a SCSI adapter is installed, contact the manufacturer for updated device drivers before reinstalling the adapter. Also, ensure all SCSI devices are properly terminated, connected and that they do not have conflicting SCSI IDs.
- If the error reoccurs, boot to Safe Mode.
- Remove any recently updated or installed drivers.
- Restart the computer to the Last Known Good Configuration .
- If this error is caused by newly installed hardware or updated third-party drivers, contact the manufacturer of the hardware or software for additional assistance.