IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the compartment door for the cassette tape of the boombox will not open.
- Unplug the power cord from the AC outlet.
- Remove the batteries.
- Let the stereo system remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the AC outlet.
- Reinsert the batteries.
- Attempt to open the compartment door for the cassette tape.
- If the issue is not resolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.
- A separate article is available if the compartment door for the cassette tape of the boombox will not close.