IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these instructions if you can't change the volume of your TV using voice commands after connecting to an Amazon Alexa™ compatible smart speaker such as the Amazon Echo® speaker:
- If an external speaker such as a sound bar is connected to your TV:
- On the Alexa app on your smartphone, confirm the TV name.
- Use the following voice commands:
- Alexa, volume up on (TV name).
- Alexa, volume down on (TV name).
- Using a command such as Set volume to 15 doesn't work.
- As of June 2018, the volume up and volume down voice commands adjust the volume in 10 level increments. Software updates from Amazon may change this.
- If there is no external sound bar or the sound bar isn't connected to your TV, set up your TV to use the TV Speakers:
- On the TV remote, select HOME.
- Select Settings.
- In the TV category, select Sound.
- Select Speakers.
- Select TV Speakers.