IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The procedure to resolve this issue varies depending on the situation.
- If an external speaker, such as a soundbar, is connected to your TV:
- On the Amazon Alexa™ app on your smartphone, confirm the TV name.
- Say the following voice commands:
Note: Saying "set volume to 15" doesn't work. As of November 2018, if you say "volume up" and "volume down," the volume adjusts in 10 level increments. Software updates from Amazon may change this.
- "Alexa, volume up on (TV name)."
- "Alexa, volume down on (TV name)."
- If there are no external speakers, such as a soundbar, connected to your TV, follow these steps to use your TV speakers:
- On the supplied TV remote, select HOME.
- Select Settings.
- Under the TV category, select Sound.
- Select Speakers.
- Select TV Speakers.