IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Follow these instructions if you can't use voice commands to turn on your TV after connecting to an Amazon Alexa™ compatible speaker, such as the Amazon Echo® speaker:
- On the TV remote, press the HOME button
- Select Settings.
- Under Network & Accessories, select Network.
- Set Remote start to On.
If the TV still doesn't turn on using voice commands, try the following:
- Disconnect other devices connected to your router except for the TV and the Amazon Alexa compatible speaker.
- On the router, make sure that ports 5228, 5229, and 5230 are open.
- Check the router manual for instructions on changing port settings and the number of supported devices