Check Your Remote for the Mic Button
Make sure the remote control has a microphone mark on the upper hand corner or a mic button. The microphone mark indicates that the remote control supports voice recognition.
- A (2015 Android TV™ Touchpad Remote Control)
- B (2016 or later Android TV Remote Control)
- Not all TVs have a supplied Touchpad Remote Control. Information of supplied items are detailed in your manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in the United States: https://www.sony.com/retailers
Common Reasons Voice Commands Won't Work
What if the Remote Control Doesn't Have a Mic Button?
There are two alternatives to using the voice recognition function of the TV.
- Use a software keyboard.
- Use one of the following apps on your mobile device:
- Mic Button or Voice Command Function Doesn't Work After the TV Software Update
- Voice Recognition Doesn't Work When I Press the Mic Button on the Touchpad Remote Control
*Android and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.